Thank you for your interest in the Arcata Economic Development Corporation (AEDC)
We understand that this is a difficult time and there is a lot of information about financial help for businesses. The good news is that the help does exist!
To understand available resources and next steps, we recommend the following:
- Follow the North Coast SBDC for the most up to date information on resources and technical assistance. They can work with you to understand which program is right for you. There are several programs available and it is beneficial to know which will be the best for you because applying to one may hurt your access to another one.
- Visit the bank or financial institution with which you currently do business to see if they have resources, or if they offer the Paycheck Protection Program. (If your bank is not local, they may not show up when you look on the SBA site for local PPP lenders.)
- AEDC has begun accepting Paycheck Protection Program applications and will process applications with requests up to $250,000 in the order they are received, prioritizing existing customers before serving the general public within our servicing area: Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake, Mendocino, Siskiyou and Trinity Counties.
- If you are going to apply for financial assistance, begin gathering the following documents https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses to help expedite your application process.
- Please send your application to: [email protected].
Again, we will contact you as soon as we review applications and greatly appreciate your partnership as we work to support your business continuity efforts.
- Your friends at AEDC
AEDC and its partners are working together to provide a coordinated response to the
Businesses seeking help should go to the COVID-19 resource page at the North Coast Small Business Development Center